Visit Ancient and Magnificent Egypt!
This 11 Day/10 Night trip to beautiful Egypt is a must do! From ancient pyramids, mosques and temples to a luxury cruise with terrific scenery and food – you will be talking about this trip for years to come.
$1,850.00 per person, land only based on double occupancy
Single supplement: $620.00
Hotels featured in Cairo: Le Meridian Pyramids 4 nights – Le Mirage at Cairo, last night (airport)
The Cruise Boat: MS Esmeralda
Day 1 - Wednesday | Travel: USA to Cairo
This will be your day to travel from your US home airport to Cairo, Egypt.
Day 2 - Thursday | Arrival
Once you arrive in Cairo, you will:
- Go through immigration and customs.
- You will be greeted by one of our representatives, who will transport you to your Cairo hotel for the night.
Day 3 - Friday | City Tour
Your adventure begins with your first excursion day in Egypt. You will enjoy a tour of The Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, which is filled with masterpieces of the Pharaonic era, plus treasures from Kin Tutankhamen’s tomb. Next, you’ll drive to the El-Reffaie Mosque, which was built in 1910. This is where the royal family of Egypt and the Shah of Iran was buried. Your excursion includes breakfast and a local Mediterranean lunch. Afterwards, you will be brought to your hotel for the night.
Optional Evening Tour: View the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids for $35.00 per person
Day 4 - Saturday | Cairo/Pyramids Tour and Optional Dinner Cruise
- The day begins with a lovely scenic drive to The Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza.
- Next, you’ll visit the Papyrus Museum where you’ll learn how Ancient Egyptians invented paper that lasted for 3000 years!
- After lunch you will visit the Southern region known as “Old Cairo” which is thought to have been settled during the 6th century BC.
- You will then be returned to your hotel for the night. Breakfast and Lunch are included in the activities.
Day 5 - Sunday | Cairo – Alexandria
Begin with breakfast, and then travel to Alexandria for a three hour visit to:
- The place where the Lighthouse was built
- The Library of Alexandria and The Royal Jewelry Museum, which has an inestimable collection of jewels from Muhammad Ali Dynasty.
The excursion ends with lunch by the Mediterranean and the return trip to your hotel in Cairo. Breakfast and Lunch are included in the activities.
Day 6 - Monday | Cairo – Luxor
On this exciting day, after breakfast, you will be:
- Transferred to the Cairo airport for your flight to Luxor.
- A bus will transport you to your luxury cruise ship for your 5 day/4 night cruise along the Nile.
- Embark on the ship and enjoy lunch on board prior to the afternoon visit to The Great Temple of Karnak, the largest temple in the world.
- Next, take a short drive to visit the beautiful Temple of Luxor which was built by the New Kingdom Phaors (1000 – 1500 BC).
- You will return to the ship and enjoy dinner on board. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the activities.
Day 7 - Tuesday | Luxor – Esna-Edfu
- Enjoy a buffet breakfast on board the ship prior to visiting the West Bank of Luxor, including the two Colossi of Memnon, and The Temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Deir El-Bahari, one of Egypts finest architectural achievements.
- Next, visit the Valley of the Kings which is the most famed collection of tombs of royalty. Head back to the ship for lunch and set sail for Edfu across the Esna lock.
- Spend the night on board the cruise ship. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the activities.
Optional Tour – Hot Air Balloon ride $150.00 per person
Day 8 - Wednesday | Edfu – Kom Ombo – Aswan
After you enjoy a buffet breakfast on board the ship, you visit the Grego Roman Temple of Edfu by horse and buggy! The Temple of Edfu is the most complete temple in the world that dated back to the third century B.C. Return to the ship and cruise for 5 hours to Kom Ombo. You will visit the double temple of Kom-Ombo which was dedicated to the Gods Sobek and Haroeris. Then return to the ship and sail to Aswan. Spend the night on board the cruise ship. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the activities.
Day 9 - Thursday | Aswan
After your on-board breakfast buffet, you will travel to the Greco Roman Temple of Philae, called “The Pearl of the Egyptian Temples”, which is dedicated to Isis, the Goddess of Love and Beauty. After lunch, enjoy a Felucca ride by the islands of Aswan where you’ll pass the Kitchener Island and the Aga Khan Mausoleum. Then return to the ship for the night. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the activities.
Day 10 - Friday | Aswan – Cairo and Farewell Party
Once again enjoy your buffet breakfast on board the ship. Then, depart the ship and be transported to the airport to fly back to Cairo. Join everyone for the Cyrus Travel Farewell Party at 7:00 pm. Breakfast and dinner are included in the activities.
Day 11 - Saturday | Travel Home
After your final breakfast, you will be transported to the airport for your flight back to the USA. Breakfast is included in the activities.
What’s Included in the Price of Your Vacation
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Cairo, in a 5 Star LeMeridian hotel with Pyramids view, breakfast included.
- 4 nights aboard 5 star Nile cruise, full board.
- Daily breakfast and lunch while in Cairo during the day tours.
- Farewell Party with Dinner.
- Domestic air fare: Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo.
- All entrance fees.
- All tips for drivers, hotels and cruise.
- All transfers. (Meet-assist and transportation) within Egypt.
What’s not Included in the Price of Your Vacation
- Airfare to and from Egypt
- Dinner during your stay in Cairo, except for the “farewell dinner party”
- Drinks with your meals during your day trips and on board the cruise ship
- Tipping your guides (suggested amount is $5 per person per day)
- Personal expenses, such as phone calls. Laundry, etc.
- Fee for your Visa